Hi there 🙂 Here you can catch up on all that’s happening with Rathkeale Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts, Scouts, and Ventures.
Our Cub Scout section regrouped in early 2009 and as interest in Scouting soared, Beaver Scouts was set up soon after in early 2011, and Scouts in September 2012.
We welcome young people from near and far who would like to participate on a fun filled adventure in Scouting!
Our group is open to all young people not just from Rathkeale, but from all surrounding areas.
We have members not just from Rathkeale, but all surrounding parishes including Newcastlewest, Ardagh, Croagh, Adare, Knockaderry, Cappagh, Ballingarry, Askeaton, and beyond.
So come on, whether you’re young or old, come join the fun and experience the craic that Scouting has to offer…..we know you won’t regret it!!
The Scouting movement is all about the great outdoors, meeting new people, helping the Community, learning new skills, but most of all….having FUN!!
Training for youth memebers is through the ONE Program.
The ONE Program introduces Adventure Skills, Special Interest Avtivities, and the six SPICES – Social, Physical, Intellectual, Character, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Camping (camping skills, erecting tents, campfires, etc.)
- Backwoods (survival, outdoor cooking, natural shelter)
- Pioneering (knots, lashings, building wood furniture)
- Hillwalking (hiking, hillwalking, orienteering)
- Air Activities (learning principles of flight, build air projects)
- Rowing (water safety, rowing)
- Paddling (water safety, canoeing)
- Sailing (water safety, sailing)
- Emergencies (First Aid)
Special Interest Avtivities
- Adventure (eg Backpacking, Mountaineering)
- Community (eg Tidy Towns, Heritage)
- Physical (eg cycling, swimming)
- Personal Skill (eg musical, photography)
- Environment (eg recycle, nature, weather)
So what are you waiting for….leave a message below….we’ll get back to you….and let the adventure begin!
Alternatively, contact us via Facebook, Email, or Phone;
Phone: 087 0922851 (Cubs) or 087 2173274 (Beavers or Scouts)
All our members wear full uniform consisting of the following;
o Scout Shirt
o 3rd Limerick Rathkeale Neckerchief (Green with Red border)
o Uniform Badges (achieved through the Scouting ONE Program)
o Scout trousers (Scout Shop or similar)
o Scout Belt (Scout Shop)
Some other items are essential and will be needed for activities throughout the year;
o full raingear (jacket and trousers)
o warm sleeping bag
o foam sleeping mat
o waterproof hiking boots
o warm hat and gloves
o rucksack / backpack